Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Motherly Connection


Shasta our cat had a batch of kittens this morning. Watching her care for her brood of five and knowing that she must care for some while more are waiting to be born. What a patient process she must go through. There's a connection between all things female. We can relate on the most intimate level, looking into each others eyes I feel the connection. The understanding and most of all the compassion I feel for this mother who just gave birth. Who has weeks ahead of her, with doing not much else, but snuggling and feeding her little ones. I must admit the snuggling and feeding does lend me to an edge of envy.

1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

For probably obvious reasons, this post made me cry! I envy Shasta, too.

On a side note... I can't believe your Shasta looks just like our Watson. :)